Sunday, July 16, 2017

Just a regular pot roast please

Well, back again.

I'm still working on my wholecloth quilt.  It's getting there.
Pictures to come.

A long time ago I enjoyed PBS that showcased Julia Child.  
I loved the program.  And it's on the Net!
The French Chef

So with that in mind I bought most of her cookbooks and the Julia/Julie CD that I absolutely loved.  
It got to a point that the movie made me curious about the boeuf bourguignon.  I had never made this before.  Okay - went to the store and picked up all the ingredients.  (It wasn't cheap!)
I learned that you don't wash mushrooms, you kind of wipe them with a paper towel and how to tell if it's a good mushroom  if the cap is shut underneath.  Okay, got it.

You need to take your wonderful beef and pat it dry.  Then you fix onions and carrots.  Once the casserole is fixed you put it in the oven.
Right.

I've never used a "chunk" of bacon.  So you don't have to add this.  Nasty !! No taste!
 If I ever make it again, I would suggest just use a couple of pieces of regular bacon that you like.

I would also use the red potatoes, fresh carrots and pearl onions but just dump everything in the pot.
I wasn't really sure about adding 3 cups of wine, but I did.  Nope - nasty.

We couldn't eat it.  It was awful!
We fed it to the dog (ha,ha)
He didn't like it either !!!!!

Some day I may want to make it again, LOL, but for now I'm going to go back to my quilting.



No comments:

Post a Comment