Friday, October 14, 2016

It's all in the pan-again

Hello guys!

Tried another recipe yesterday.  
My own this time.
I love to use a mandolin for a lot of different foods.  
I wish I could afford a professional stainless steel mandolin.  
Maybe Santa will leave one for Christmas.
Potatoes are one of the favorites I love to slice thinly.  



So with my new cast iron grill (on top of the stove) (love it, love it) use a little olive oil and some butter.  I cooked them until they were on the crispy side and it didn't take very long.  Season to taste and sprinkle with paprika.



After your potatoes are done, wrap in foil set aside, and prepare two pork chops (cut of pork is your choice).  
I love using "Panko" this is so much better than regular bread crumbs.  I used garlic salt/sea salt, pepper to taste.  Make an egg wash with one egg.  Dip your chop into the egg mixture and coat with Panko.  There should be enough egg that you can do each chop twice.  Place in the pan and let it go!


Once the chops are done on one side, turn.  
 I'm a great believer of a thermometer probe.  
When they reach their destination, you're ready to eat.  


Using "Panko" makes them so wonderful and crispy.  
They were so good that the dog even had some. LOL
Still working on my quilted pillow.  
Hopefully I'll finish it tomorrow!
Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment