Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The Angel on my Shoulder



A Tribute  to my Mother,  Ellen Claire.

A part of my life is gone, but an Angel appeared.

This photo was taken on May 27, 1947.  

My mother was so beautiful. 

I was bundled up at the time, but it's me in my Mother's arms.  I didn't know anything then but

I was named after my Grandmother and Mother and also one of my daughters is named Ellen.


The other day I wrote a long post about my Mom and  Dad.  After I posted it, I went back and re-read it a few times. I cried.  I then deleted the whole post.  I thought that if  I  read it again, I'd just go to pieces, but it's okay now. I think I can handle it.   So it's kind of a re-write.  Maybe.

My Mother looked so beautiful when she went to work.  Her nursing cap was the prettiest that I've ever seen and she wore a dark navy woolen cape over her uniform.  She was a Registered Nurse and loved private duty nursing.

I am dedicating this post to my Mother, my friend,  my knitting buddy.  

The Angel on my shoulder.

Never forget where you came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment