Sunday, October 4, 2015

Hexies and beyond!

Hello, dear readers!

My little shipment of 2 1/2 x 2 1/2" squares arrived the other day from www.Anniescatalog.com. 
There are approximately 42 pieces in each package.  They are so darn cute!!!!  Beautiful selection!  I'll be revisiting this shop for more charm packs, you can count on that.  
Great selection, customer service, and reasonable prices.



I've been working hard all day and you know when you just can't seem to get anything going?  
Then BAM!  The light bulb came on.

After you give up and roll your eyes a bit and rip your hair out, it helps to get on the Net sometimes and READ directions.  DUH!!!  I have been using freezer paper for my hexies  and printing them off my pc for the papers and tried the glue thing, nope -  basting was first choice, that worked well, then stars and bars, a revelation, an item using English Paper Piecing with the FP (freezer paper) coated side up!!!  No glue, no basting!!!!  
Press, and away you go!
What was I thinking?  
It made a nice crisp hexie and I'm so pleased with the results.  
I actually bought a new little iron from Amazon and it's wonderful to use.
It's a Dritz and has a wonderful handle you can adjust and it comes with it's own kickstand.





You know what I'm going to be doing for a while.  Football Sunday(s) - how many weeks to go?! LOL
Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment