Sunday, March 15, 2015

Fun Sunday

Hello, dear readers !

Happy Sunday.

Just wanted to share how my hexagons are coming along.



What I did was I used my Inklingo for hexagons but decided I really wanted a bigger hexie.  So I printed off several sheets of freezer paper and then ironed it to another piece of freezer paper.  This was really very sturdy to do EPP, and I used the hexies with the 1/4" seam to make it bigger.  One sheet was kind of flimsy.  The next step was to slice them up and punch a hole in the middle and off I went.  I just kept adding the white hexagons until it was the width I wanted for a lap quilt.  I had previously made the flowers using 2 different blues and a white center.  It's a work in progress. (One paper pieced and one with running stitch as previously shown in an older post.)

Then yesterday, my sister-in-law pointed me to a website that I really went nuts over.

Take a look.
www.tincanknits.com

Woooooo, of course I have to make one of these babies.
She has a wonderful website, chock full of goodies.

My daughter gifted me the pattern, called VIVID.  
This will be for all the fingering weight wool and sock weight yarn that I've accumulated for a very long time.
This is the pattern made with double pointed needles size 5 (when big enough I changed it to a 12" circular.)
I wet blocked it and it measures 7".  I'll take it! LOL
(It's not a very good closeup, sorry)


I'm going to have to get in a rhythm of when to do what. LOL
I've got a ways to go with both.
Until later...


No comments:

Post a Comment