Sunday, January 25, 2015

The clam is happy, it's wearing pickles!

Hello, dear readers!

Hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday.
Today I worked on my first clam shell pickle.  
It took me a while to get it right and my first one is good to go.
I thought that pressing would give me a problem but it didn't.  
I just followed "Inklingo's" directions and away we went!

I'm not sure how many pickles I'll work on today.  Most likely, I'll be able to prep a few and have them ready to go for the rest of the week..  Besides printing the clam shells and the prepping, they are so much fun to make and quick!
I'd like to get into a rhythm so I can cut out the shells and then the pickles, sew and press and stack them up.
I have decided on a lap quilt so far, but who knows, maybe it will be a quilt for a king sized bed?
LOL
Now I'm happy as a clam.   
Now, I ask you, how do we know when a clam is happy?

I have 15 shells of this particular fabric and enough to make the pickles.  So I know that I'll have to make another couple of fabric choices for the rest of the quilt. 

Until later......

No comments:

Post a Comment