Friday, January 23, 2015

The Ahhhh Moment

Hello, dear readers !

I've been playing around with shapes!  
Today I worked on a few more hexagons for my Grandma's Flower Garden quilt.  
It's growing.
I'm having so much fun.


For this quilt, I'm thinking of a lap size for this one.
For the flower garden I used Inklingo's hexagons.  There are so many shapes and sizes, I'm sure I'll end up buying every one eventually. LOL
It's a snap!  

You'll have to check out Linda Franz on her website: www.Inklingo.com
It's a breeze to use.  
I always hated to make templates the old way.  
Linda's way is so wonderful!  
Pick a shape, pick a size, print it off on fabric!  It's that easy.

This is why yesterday I just had to have the clam shell shape so I ordered it and had it in an instant.  It was really a shape that I had never tried before because it seemed too daunting.  
But thanks to Inklingo, it was sooooo easy.

Using a regular roll of freezer paper (of all things) is a wonderful tool and much easier than using those 8 1/2 by 11 paper sheets.  I found this to be the most beneficial method and it gives you a lot of freedom and more shapes.

So I had a scrap of fabric and made my freezer paper 8 1/2 by 14 for a 6" clam.  
I hope you can see the printed clam ?
I'm going to try and add the pickles first as a test piece and then pick out my fabrics and plan what I'm going to make. LOL
Thinking about another lap sized quilt for this one as well.
Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment