Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Is there a fungus a "mung" us?

Hello, dear readers !

Well, of course, I'm always trying new things and  when I found the "just one cookbook" website,  I was left drooling.  She is fantastic.

One of her recipes I wanted to try uses mung bean sprouts.  
Okay....

Went to the store and found one package of sprouts that was left for the day old bin.  Soooo anyway I bought the bag and made her bean sprout affair.  I didn't have the hotter spices called for, but had the rest of the ingredients.  Fixed the sprouts, stirred into the mix and popped it into the fridge.
Later, I went to give it a taste test.......
OMG!  I loved it!!!!
I loved it so much I ate the whole thing!!!!
So what to do?

This is where my eldest daughter comes in!  Thank you, Susan!
A while ago I talked to my daughter about growing sprouts.  And she sent me "Easy Sprout."
At that time I had no clue what growing beans and seeds was about. 

Until I found the mung bean sprout recipe.



So I began looking for places that sold "mung" beans (sprout-able).  I found the cutest website that sells all kinds of beans and seeds and also had a sprout system the same as the one my daughter gave me.  Well, you know I just had to buy another one, right?
My package arrived today from "sproutpeople.com"

This site is chock full of information, as well as a being so humorous, you'll have to see it for yourself.


So, now this is my new "toy" and it will take me a while to learn all about growing, washing, rinsing, etc. But I'm determined that my next mung bean sprout salad will be "fresh" and home grown.
Will keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment