Saturday, August 9, 2014

Shrimp Boil

Hello, dear readers !

Tonight, there is a beautiful moon in the sky and I really wish I had a much better camera, but I'll have to soon forget that and buy a ride on mower. LOL
But the picture sucked anyway.

My shrimp bowl. You can really use anything you like, craw fish maybe?  We happen to like shrimp.
Okay, first you need a stock pot or one that will hold all your ingredients.  Mine has seen better days. I desperately need some new pots and pans.  Fill with water about half way and add a tablespoon of salt.
.

Let this come to a rolling boil.
While waiting for the water to boil, you can fix your potatoes.  I have used several different kinds of potatoes for this.  I would say it would be up to you.  But the red potatoes are easier to handle and I've cut them into halves.  My preference.





After your water is boiling add potatoes and bring the boil up again.  When the potatoes are almost done, add your corn on the cob.  Bring to a boil again and let it go.  You can add your spices a little at a time, and beware, that stuff is hotter than hell, and  gives it a little kick, your tongue will be on fire.  


Check the potatoes again, they should be done as well as the corn.  It doesn't take long.  Then add a bag of already frozen shrimp (tails on or off, your choice) and this should  be about 5 minutes.  When done, get out the butter and slather your corn.  If you want to add your sausages, this boil is so good for them too.

Okay, water boil, add potatoes, add corn, add shrimp and you're done.  A quick and easy meal.
Make sure you have a large pitcher of ice water if you added a hefty amount of spices LOL. 
Until later...

1 comment: