Saturday, January 11, 2014

The knitting fool

Hello, dearies :)

Well, I confess, I haven't done much knitting in a while.  Yep, outtamyheadknits, has not been knitting in a while. Oy!  LOL
I've been devoting my time to weaving and making dish towels.  It's now on hold for a bit.

So when I was cleaning out a spot recently, I found a few balls of Knit Picks, Andean Treasure, which is 100% baby alpaca.  
Yummy, yummy, yummy!  
The color is Lagoon.  I'm not sure, but that color is not advertised anymore, but she has a bunch more colors.

Since I didn't have a pattern per say, I selected a pair of circular needles from Knit Picks (my favorite needles) and knit a small swatch.  
After I swatched, I got 5 stitches and 6 rows to an inch on a size 5 needle.


So, with this in mind, I printed out a basic pattern for a 25" chest based on my swatch.  I chose to make a raglan sleeved cardigan sweater from the top down.  I don't enjoy sewing sweaters, not my favorite thing (LOL), but this will eliminate sewing the shoulder shaping for the most part.  
I just love raglans.
If anyone needs help with making a swatch with favorite yarn and needles to get a gauge, let me know!
Back to the drawing board. :)
Until later....

No comments:

Post a Comment