Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sunday Blues

Hello, dear readers :)

Tisk, tisk, and woe is me......I ordered this beautiful cotton thread from Cotton Clouds and warped my loom to make a set of dishtowels.  I started off with a 1 and 1/2" hem and then started the pattern.  It was really very easy and I was merrily on my way.  Then, disaster hit.  I noticed that there was a knot in my warping.  I didn't think too much about it, UNTIL I was this far (below) into my pattern and noticed a snag.


I tried to repair it.  The strand with the knot was very loose which caused a definite snag and a loose stitch.  Eeeeeeeek!!!!!

I tried to re-wrap the loom, forget it.  My pick up stick got stuck in the warping and after some hesitation I chopped it off the loom....Eeeeeeeeeeek!

Back to the drawing board.  Oh, me :(  Guess I'll have to order some more of this cotton, as it was really wonderful to work with. What a mess.  But at least I can do the pattern, so that's okay :)

Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment