Monday, September 9, 2013

Another Inkle

Hello, dear readers :)

I managed to warp my loom this morning.  I'm using the same pattern for both but with different colors/brands and the same number of threads.

The inkle that looks like a watermelon in the last post is made with Bernat Handicrafter Crochet Thread, 3 oz/85 grams at 371 yards.  I found that this thread has a greater sheen and weaves up plumper than regular crochet cotton.  

So for this inkle I used Aunt Lydia's Crochet Cotton size 10. It's actually a smaller width than the watermelon and no real sheen! 

Live and learn :)



The color selection for the new inkle is really a dark lavender, light lavender, and cream.  I noticed that if I were to use a more vibrant color like red, the center motifs would have a dot of color instead of receding into the pattern.  Make sense?

I've got a ways to go, but by this evening it should be done.  I don't have enough of the Bernat's cotton, so I'm going on the hunt.  I'd eventually like to buy 2 of every color.

Hope your Monday is going well.

Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment