Tuesday, August 27, 2013

It's a wrap!

Hello, dear readers :)
Hmmmm





Well, I managed to finish off my test piece.  I need a lot of practice with my  edges.  I loved the 5/2 weight of cotton.  So smooth!

Now that this piece is off the loom, the next step was to thread my own warp. Yikes!
First, I had to make 20 heddles which went well.  I really didn't think I could do this, but I took my time.
Okay, that went fine.
The heddles are a beige color.






Okay, next was the threading  of the loom.  I thought that it went well, even when I inserted the headers.
I thought I was ready to weave.  But, I noticed one of the threads didn't go under the peg so I tried to repair it. (WRONG)
Then all my threads when berserk and I had a mess.  I tried to repair it (not well, in fact) but I finished it. 


 I also noticed that I was missing threads on both ends.  Duh, stupid, ach!  Another observation was that for some reason I didn't have the correct number of threads on both sides.  Duh







But here it is! LOL
I ordered a great book for the inkle loom and it's currently en route.
I hope I get better with this.  The action of weaving is so calming.
The hardest part was to thread the loom and after that the actual weaving went fast.
Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment