Friday, August 16, 2013

It's in the cards

Hello, dear readers :)

Well, dinner is in the oven (chicken breasts with fresh lemons and rosemary, yum) which has given me a little time to take some pictures.
For my band,  I'm using the Cricket 10" loom.  My first attempt at making the band was not very organized.  I didn't like the way the threads kept twining up. So I used my 12 heddle.  I'm also using crochet cotton which seems to work very well.
I was able to warp my thread using 2 colors together threading only once (4 threads in one slot) and using 16 cards.  This worked out well.  It didn't bunch or twist on me.  Very organized.





I'm still playing with direction and what I can do.  I'm still using cereal boxes but they're getting pretty natty, so I may have to use my playing cards real soon.
I did order my book along with the cards and they'll get here sometime next week. LOL
In the meantime, I'm playing with the cards.
Have a great weekend, see ya Monday.
Until later...




No comments:

Post a Comment