Sunday, August 4, 2013

Experimental Project

Hello, dear readers :)

Well, the other day my 12 dent heddle arrived and I've been  playing with it.  I used a "Rowan" tweed, fingering weight wool(yardage unknown but about the size of a 10 weight crochet cotton).  

Everything was going well, until I began weaving.  It appeared that I lost about 2" because my knots were not that secure when I tied the wool on.  Live and learn. Have to remember that.  I managed to take out the mess and slide about 2-3"  to fill up the empty holes and slots.  This worked, without me having to re-do the whole thing and waste the wool.  Pilot error. (heh)
This time, instead of washing and drying outside, I soaked the scarf for quite a while, smooched it out with a towel and then I put it in the dryer.  I'm still waiting to see what it's going to look like.  So, if it's something that I'd really, really like, I'll snap a px for tomorrow's blog.

Now I need to go and fill up the loom again!  I'm happy that I'm actually using my stash.  Scarves work for me on the Cricket 10" loom.  If you're interested in weaving, I would recommend this nifty loom because it's so easy to set up and you're off weaving, quick as a wink.
Hope you are all having a great weekend.
Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment