Monday, July 29, 2013

The Empty Nest

Hello, dear readers :)

Well, our 3 chicks have flown the nest.  We miss all the chirping.  Hopefully, we'll get some new tenants.  But before they make a home, I've got to repair their roof and clean out the nest.  It shouldn't take me too long to do this.
 
(I shouldn't be telling you this, but we have watched the birds come and go all day long, day in and day out and DH thought that they were ready to fly.  There was so much activity.  We had lunch and by the time it took us to eat it, they were GONE! Arrrrgghhh )

So, then I've been experimenting with my hand spun wool.  All I can tell you is that I really like how it stripes.  However, if you notice the right of the scarf, parts are curling and halfway through I noticed a few end stitches were not catching.  Apparently, as I started to wind the strands with my heavy paper, some of them got caught and never went between the paper.  So, not really knowing what to do, I tried to undo the threads, OMG!
What a mess.  So now its half  a scarf, to my dismay :(
Anyway, it's a learning experience, right?  I was really surprised that my first measurements before it's bath were 8x32" to being washed was 8x31". Hmmmmm

I'm still waiting for my 12 dent heddle which was ordered 3 weeks ago from my LYS and I should have ordered it from Webs, I would have had it by now. Boo hoo.

So, back to the drawing board today and I'll try something else!
Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment