Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Cricket Loom

Hello, dear readers :)

Well, it finally arrived.  
DH helped me to put it together and it really was very easy!  
The next step was to weave the warp.  
Since I've never done this before, it took a little time to figure it out, but I did it.
So after I got this done, I decided that I'd make a sampler of sorts.  
The warp is Red Heart worsted and then I tried various weights of yarn/wool and played with it this am.
I still have a lot to learn, but one thing's for sure, it's a lot of fun.  
I'm thinking of ordering 2 pick-up sticks and a 10 and 12 dent heddle for more delicate stuff.  I like how the fingering weight works with the worsted.  There are so many choices!
So, I'll keep going.  Still trying to make my edges even, and once I get it off the loom, I'll set it up again.  I have so many things I want to do with this.
The Cricket Loom is easy to assemble, directions were clear, beautiful selection (2 balls) of wool that came with the loom, all I need is time :)  X-mas is coming.
Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment