Monday, July 29, 2013

Decisions, decisions

Hello, again, dear readers :)

I surprised myself!
Personally, I'm really not a fan of acrylic yarn, but rather like working with wool or a blend of wool and something.  So I  had one skein of Red Heart Super Saver in white, and a leftover of a pinkish color.  You could probably get two bags out of this with some left.

So for the warp I used all slots and holes except for the last one of the 8 dent heddle on the Cricket 10" (Still learning the lingo, sorry.)
36" wrap which includes waste on each end.
I thought that for my sample I would just do a balanced weave and then try some different things, once I got the size down and the treatment of the bag.
This bag took me under an hour to dress the loom and to actually weave it.

OOPS I forgot.  The bag measures 9 and 1/4" by 20 and 1/2 ." (just a plain rectangle)
Now I'm thinking how to put it together.  Do I want to crochet the edges?  How about  sewing a seam or maybe make a gusset on each side and then of course, I'll need some sort of a strap.  What about a lining?
I'm thinking.....and I can't wait to try this in my long overdo 12 dent heddle.
Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment