Friday, April 5, 2013

Goodies

Hello, dear readers :)

The mail lady dropped off a nice package for me today.  Yay. 

It's contents came from www.birdbraindesigns.  This is a really good start for me.  I'm still waiting for another order, though with some very unusual patterns. :)
So, the thread I'm going to be using is DMC perle 8  in color 498 (turkey red).  I'm told that this particular brand will not bleed.  Of course, to mark my design is to use the brand of Micron01 (red) for tracing the picture.  
A really nice hoop, Morgan No-Slip Hoop in size 5.  I may get the rest of them.  
A package of needles in size 4 (crewel).  
A pair of tea towels, of excellent quality!  They are by "Dunroven House."  

The last is "Sulky Sticky Fabric-Solvy." This is to use instead of tracing the pattern.  I've never used this before and it looks really interesting.  You have your design and instead of tracing it on your work you pop it into your printer and it prints out an 8x11" sheet.  
With that done, you peel it off and stick it to your work!  When done, wash it out!  Now, how easy is that?  I'm going to have fun with this.  I still haven't located all my red fabric yet, but when I do, I'll show you.

One of my daughters loves frogs and I did manage to find a pattern by "Aunt Martha" design 3765.  I asked her what colors she uses when she decorates for Christmas and she told me silver and gold.  So I thought I'd do the frogs with green perle cotton and maybe some other greens in the green family and use silver and gold threads in the lap quilt or as a table centerpiece.
So for the rest of the day, I'm going to play.
Hope you're enjoying the afternoon!
Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment