Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Diversion - It's in the Chips!

Hello, dear readers :)

Another beautiful,warm day!  It's so nice to be home.  Yay!
Over the weekend I did a little surfing around the Internet and found something that I thought I would love to try!
A Grandmother's Flower Garden Quilt!

 I found a really neat place to get a template.  www.sewquickly.com . You can find a 1" hexagon pattern that you can use for your design.  I printed it out using freezer paper.  Supposedly, you need 110lb card stock, but the freezer paper worked great!  These hexagons are easily cut with a rotary cutter.  So once I had a few papers to work with  I cut my fabric in a 2.5 or 2.75 inch square.






You can see the paperclip in the view, which I use to fold down the first piece of fabric to hold it in place.  I'll have to find some more scraps.  It's very addicting, like eating potato chips!

I must confess that I had to get away from the tatting - I did manage to get most of the 9th round done....only a few to go.
Until later...




No comments:

Post a Comment