Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Catnip Tea Party Redwork

Hello, dear readers :)
I've had a ball today.  I'm still working on the flower garden quilt at a certain time of the day so when I finished how many  sections I needed for the day, I returned to my red work.
I was SO impressed!
Happily, I found a really cute pattern by Betty Alderman on her website.  You need to google her site. I found a free available pattern called, "Catnip Tea Party" which is adorable.  It measures 22 1/2 by 22 1/2, just the right size for me.
This gave me an opportunity to use a method that I have never tried, using Sulky, Sticky Fabri-Solvi.
Amazing!
You put in your embroidery design in your printer and copy it on the Solvi.  After printing, you peel off the backing and you have your design ready to press onto your fabric and then stitch!  It's wonderful!
I'm going to have to get another package of this stuff.  It's packaged in 12 - 8 1/2 x 11" sheets.  I have a lot of ideas bouncing around for a few quilts.
So, with that said, I'll be working on this in between everything else. LOL
Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment