Sunday, February 3, 2013

Thanks For The Fix!!! Doily





Hello, dear readers!

And many thanks to "Blogger" for fixing the picture link! 
Yay!!!!!!

This is what I'm working on now.  I think it's a bit complicated, but I'll give it a whirl.


These are the directions.  Phew!  I managed to get to the 4th round and screwed up. 
 So I cut off the row, and in doing so, snipped a picot!!!!!
Woe is me!!!!!

So now I'm taking it back to row 2.  I've tried to figure this out by drawing a diagram.  I must have a mental block with charts.  I'm still not sure about reversing the work after a chain and a ring.
Does anyone have this pattern?
It's from Handy Hands from 1925 "Needlecraft Magazine," page 12.

Help, help :)
Isn't the rule of thumb  - do a chain, rw, do a ring, rw?

So back to the drawing board.  I'm hoping that I can get to the 4th row.  There are a series of clovers and joins that I'm not sure about.  But, I'll give it a go.  If I don't like the way it looks, I'll snip it again :)
The thread is Lizbeth size 20 color 640.

Thanks again to "Blogger"  WTG

Until later...

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful thread and a lovely looking pattern. I think it's usually rw after chain and after a ring. Only the newer patterns done with two shuttles mess with that. I think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is too difficult for you dear friend. Give yourself credit. Miss you when you don't post. Your work is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done this doily and i love it!!

    ReplyDelete