Thursday, January 3, 2013

YUM

Hello, dear readers.

Well, the cucumber sandwiches were out-of-this world.  Before my DH tucked in, he told me he didn't think they would be very good. 
Well, twist my lid.

WRONG
He loved them!
Thank you Michelle!

I have done something similar with a loaf of unsliced bread, cutting off the crusts and slicing it lengthwise.
(Still can't find UN-sliced bread, yet)

You kind of press the slice of bread with a rolling pin.  Butter one side of the layer, put in your filling, roll like a jelly roll, put up with waxed paper then aluminum foil and put in the freezer.  They are an instant hit.  When you're ready to serve, let them thaw up a bit and then slice while still partially frozen.  Let them sit. 
Using this method of sliced bread,  I was thinking of using tuna with a pickle in the center.  That would work, okay.  So then, cream cheese with cherry or olive or nut, egg salad, ham and cheese, and/or whatever floats your boat.

So, after I experiment with this a little, I'm going to concentrate on something gooey and sweet.  I'm thinking lemon bars.
We will see what tomorrow brings.
Still haven't made it to BBandB, my list is growing.

Until later.....



1 comment:

  1. My family kind of eyed them askance before eating them too!

    ReplyDelete