Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Road Not Taken and...

Hello, dear readers.

Fire and Ice, are two poems by Robert Frost that I just love.
So, the road not taken would be the study of embroidery for a crazy quilt.

I used to try it every now and then.  I did okay with what I was working on, but I never really, really, LOOKED at it.

So I thought that I would read Ms. Carole Samples embroidery book, "Treasury of Crazy Quilt Stitches."  I've mentioned this book before in a previous post.

I dug out a 14 mesh cross-stitch sampler of sorts that I started in August 2012.  So, I began to test some more stitches and different threads, techniques, etc.  I have trouble making French knots, colonial knots, and lazy daisy stitches.  After I've done a certain stitch and I like it, I am putting the page number down where I found it in her book.  

There are literally "tons" of stitches and combinations, it's awesome!  I'm still waiting for the templates to go with the book, but I'm practicing, trying to keep my stitches even.  I think I'm going to use a 14 inch waste canvas when I work on my crazy quilt square.  I started this some time ago and put it away for a rainy day :)


With this in mind, hope you are having a wonderful day.
Until later ....

No comments:

Post a Comment