Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Playing

Hello, dear readers :)

While still working on my blue hankie, I checked my email today and found a gal who is a tatter on www.intatters.com

We are asking about various threads, designers, etc., and I found that there was a gentleman in Poland who makes really nice looking lace.  So off I went to visit Jan Stawasz's site.

I questioned how did he get his lace work so stiff looking.  A reply from a thread was that it was the thread, not a stiffening agent.  Sooooooo
I started a sample using a size 10 thread and my large tatting shuttle and you can see the results.
This is the second round I'm working on.
But something even more curious about this whole discussion was that the thread used was cheap, like Walmarts or Hobby Lobby, the cheaper the better.  Now don't get me wrong, I've been using various sizes of thread, different prices, most recently Lizbeth size 20.  But, then, really, who cares?  I guess it's what you like to use.  Right?
So today I'll be adding a few more ds and go from there.
Hope you are all having a wonderful day.
Until latter...

No comments:

Post a Comment