Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Very Lazy Saturday

Hello, dear readers!

Today is a lazy day.  I've put a nice, juicy roast beef with carrots, onions, red potatoes, celery and some spices.  It will take about 4 hours in a slow oven.  At the moment, it smells wonderful.  
We are drooling already.

So after a late start this morning, I settled in with a cup of "Dark Magic" from my Keurig (several, actually).  DH and I just love this coffee and how truly fast the Keurig brews.  By the time I get my regular coffee pot going, I could make at least 5 cups before the generic makes a full pot.  
It's amazing.  

We're hooked on Starbucks too!

So, with it being a lazy day, I haven't done too much, except for going through my tatting books.  I found a really pretty pattern called "lacy square."  


This motif is found in Rozella Linden's book, "Easy Tatting."  
I thought it might work up pretty nicely as a tablecloth.  Hmmmmmmm

Since it is a square I could join it at the corner - center picots.  I'll probably make up some samples to see if I'd like it.  My table is a little unusual, with 8 sides, so I could make it a square and drape the corners or when I get the desired top length and width maybe, maybe I could add a few rows in    the round?  I'm not too sure yet how I would do this.
Any suggestions?

Enjoy the weekend.
Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment