Monday, December 31, 2012

The Aroma Will Make Your Speechless

Hello, dear readers :)

Well, I took the plunge.  However, due to the weather today, I opted to stay home, it's really nasty outside.  No wok, no popover pan, oh well, soon, maybe.  So with that in mind, I started to play with the chicken.  No, I didn't slap them around, because they were fresh,  and no, I really didn't follow a recipe.



This is a package of skinless chicken breasts which I have dipped in a sauce.  (Okay, I'm a butter freak, now you know.  A throwback from Julia Child, you can't have too much butter!)  The sauce consists of real live basil leaves, chopped.  I just love the smell and taste of basil. Add about a tablespoon of Parmesan Cheese, to enhance the taste.  One stick of butter, cracked pepper and salt, with a smidgen of garlic salt.  Put some of the sauce in the pan and heat, dip your chicken in the sauce and add to the pan.  It smells divine.

Since I've never tasted Shiitake mushrooms, I put about 6 or 7 of these mushrooms in a bowl with the remaining butter and they are now really enjoying their time spent in butter along with the spices, they are now mates.  
The combination of fresh basil and butter is out of this world.  OMG!  I can't emphasise this enough.  YUM



So, now the chicken is lavishing in it's butter sauce and the 'rooms are ready to jump in and join the party.  I'm going to have a simple mango relish to accompany the meal.  Add a cup of sushi rice to  the mix and, that's as good as it gets.
YUM

Until later....
Have a happy and safe New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment