Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Eve

Hello, readers :)

Thanksgiving is for giving thanks for what you have.

But on the eve of this wondrous event, it's also a time to get your meal prepped for the next day.

Try to find some oysters for your oyster dressing, forget it.  
Every Thanksgiving I make oyster dressing.  
You know, with Saltine crackers and a can of oyster stew soup by Campbell's.  

Well, twist my lid, there was none to be found.

There are several Brookshire stores here and NO ONE had any oysters, dead or alive.  
They all sold out at 11:00 am this morning.  

Memo:  do not wait, start to get your stuff a month before. 
Or maybe find what I need on the Internet?

So with that in mind I found some smoked oysters packed in oil.  
I am hoping this will make it.  
Never had 'em in oil.  Smoked or otherwise.
So I tonight I'm going to get everything started so I won't have to do much tomorrow.

Memo:  Get a store bought pumpkin pie, it's saves a lot of time.
So for tomorrow's menu :
A dish of oyster dressing and regular stuffing, corn, green beans, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce...
Need I say more? 
YUMMMMM
I'm getting hungry now.

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Until later......

No comments:

Post a Comment