Friday, November 2, 2012

It's DONE

Hello, readers :)

I guess there comes a time when you have to say, enough is enough.  

DH and I can't wait until this election is over and done with.

We are so very tired of the name calling and terrible, awful ads.

And now a marathon in NYC?

People are STARVING and have NOTHING - no home, no clothing, their treasures gone....
What next?

ENOUGH ALREADY
(That's all I'm going to say.)

As of the writing of this blog, the marathon was called off!  
Thank God!


Okay, it's done - I'm calling it the "pink lady."  

This was shuttle tatted with Lizbeth thread size 20 color 621 which was a perfect choice for me.  

As I was working around the hankie I used a
Mark-Be-Gone (blue) washable pen to tick off where the pattern was needed.  Mostly, it was a join at 9 spaces and the last two were 8 spaces.  I don't think that this threw off the pattern.  I did notice though, at the last design, I forgot to join the last picot to the first. 

 (You can't really see my boo boo, but I know it's there and I'm not perfect. )


The pattern I used is edging 3 from the book, "Embellishing with Edgings-Needle and Shuttle Tatting" by Handy Hands.

Okay, once the tatting was completed I needed to get out the blue markings and gave the hankie a dunk in cold water and swished and then finger patted to keep the tatting looking good.  

Once I made sure that all the blue markings were out, I put it aside and later I will iron with a press cloth and hide the ends to finish it off.





Okaaaaaaaaaay

The next one I'm going to work on, when I can figure it out how to shuttle join a chain, is pattern edging 12.  I really like the look of the little "flowers" and I'm stumped at the moment.  I did a little sample to show you.  I have a lavender hankie from Handy Hands, who were just wonderful in selecting the perfect, variegated, Lizbeth thread (size 20) color 162. 

 I love any shade of purple/lavender.  

They are just wonderful.

I ordered a really pretty, soft green hankie with variegated greens thread and a soft blue hankie with variegated blues thread.

Perfect, perfect, perfect.



So, when I can figure out how to join this to the hankie, I'll work on this one.  
It can't be that hard, can it?  LOLOLOL

Have a wonderful evening!

Until later.....

1 comment: