Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Postman Commeth

Hello readers.

Yesterday was a good day.  One dozen hankies arrived and I started playing with a tatted edging.  I never would have imagined that the edging I selected was due to Michelle.  Thank you, Michelle :)

Michelle directed me to a website that is just, out of this world.  www.frivole@btinternet.com

On her blog she used a pattern that I would never guess to use, but I am impressed with this whole thing.  The thread is Lizbeth, size 20 weight.  At the moment, it is the thread of choice, 'cause I got bunches of it.  I also decided to use my larger shuttle because I'd like it to last until I have gone all around the hankie. I'm hopeful. I must confess that I can't really make a nice join with a new thread when it runs out, but I keep trying every once in a while.

Okay, so we have the thread and the hankie and the edging started.  I thought I'd like to try Frivole's method of joining the edging to the hankie after it was done.  So wish me luck!

The pattern of choice that she used is from "The Tatter's Treasure Chest,"  page 72, called "Empress."

So you know what I'm going to be doing today, right?


1 comment:

  1. Haha! Look at Frivole's Iris edging too, it's stunning. I made a bride's handkerchief with it last spring.
    Tat some for me today, there's no chance for me to do so. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete