Saturday, October 20, 2012

Hello, readers :)

Well, today is one of those perfect weather days.  DH is out mowing the lawn, while I play with another project.
I've said it before, that I get those days where nothing works.  So it was today :)
I tried several different tatting projects to work on and nothing got going.

However, the other day I started ANOTHER project, hopefully, along with my socks, will be a Christmas present for one of my kids.  BUT that means that ALL of them will want a sweater.  So 4 sweaters it will be.

I've rummaged through all my stashes and came up with some Hanne Falkenberg wool that would work.  
Got the gauge and I changed the pattern up some and away I went.


Now, don't get all squeamish on me.....This is an Alice Starmore pattern and done in the round.  

I have used a steek that is designated by the rings.  
When done, you CUT it up the middle.  
With scissors, and then use the SEWING MACHINE?  "GULP"

I have no idea what to do when I reach the underarms, because I have to ADD TWO MORE steeks.  That should be a blast, right? Oy

We will see how it goes.  But in any case, knitting in the round has it's advantages because you don't have to purl.  I'm not sure which I would like better - pieces or in the round.

I'll see how far I get with it.  I may call on Frivole to cut it apart for me. :)

Hope you are all having a wonderful day.
Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment