Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Devastation - Sandy

Hello, readers :)

We have been glued to the news e-v-e-r-y-d-a-y  at all hours, with the devastation of the northeast, and parts west.  It is heart-wrenching, especially since I'm a born and raised New Yorker.  

What made this worse for us is that our grand daughter was in the middle of it all in Brooklyn, New York, 
 She attends college there, right smack in the middle,and the college took really good care of them. She has had no classes since this catastrophic event, which I'm sure all the students were happy about.  
I hope she's keeping a journal, as she was in the center of it all, at least in NY.
 History.
Family in upstate New York had high winds.  Thank goodness they're all okay.
Family in Wisconsin maybe getting snow.  We have to wait for weather updates.


Our hearts go out to New Jersey and the compassion of Governor Chris Christy.  It was another thing to watch him comfort his residents of New Jersey.  
Gut-wrenching. 

Our hearts go out to all the other states that were hit.  

It's unbelievable.

So, with this in mind on this Halloween day, 2012 I haven't really done much of anything. 
 Maybe tomorrow I'll have something put together.  
I did get a really cool package from www.hhtatting today. 
That put a smile on my face.

Until later....

No comments:

Post a Comment