Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Beautiful Tuesday

With a slight chance of rain, and we do need more.

Hello to all !

Anyway, yesterday I played with some hankie edgings and I think I have almost chosen a nice one for my very first tatted hankie.

Yesterday I went shopping at my favorite store, Amazon, and found a nice set of floral hankies and a case of embroidered hankies.  So I thought I'd better get a move on to create some tatting yardage.  I have tried and tried and tried to figure out how it's supposed to be attached to the hankie as you go around.  I've had no luck.  Sooo I thought, forget it for the moment, I'll create the lace and figure how to sew it on.

The threads I used are all Lizbeth size 20.  I'm not really sure if I want to make it a 40 weight or not. I have bunches of 20 weight.  We'll see.  I'd have to order from my favorite shop, www.hhtatting.com.

From the top down, it's hens and chicks.  This is the tatting that I really wanted to attach as I go along.  You can see at the right of this one, I messed up.  I used a pattern off the web which is pretty generic.

The second one came from "Tatting, A Potpourri of Patterns," by Barbara Foster and it's chuck full of tatted items.  This particular one is found on page 35.  However, looking at the pattern it appears to me that the rings are joined together, but I followed the instructions of two rows and repeat.   There is no joining, and I think the join looks better.

Okay, the next tatting is from the "Treasury of Tatting," no. 8132.  I have used this pattern many times before.  I guess if you have a good thing, stay with it.

But, I also found a similar clover pattern that was cute as well.  This one is by Sharon Albers 1998.  The directions are a little different using a clover with 5 picots.  I think that I'll make a small sample of this later today and maby use this one.

So, off I am, got some housework to do and then some grocery shopping, and of course, tatting.

Until later.....

1 comment:

  1. Try this for photo help for attaching an edging. http://www.flickr.com/photos/28725259@N02/sets/72157625864576249/with/5422313134/. I think Frivole also made a video but can't find it right now. Good luck on your project!

    ReplyDelete