Monday, September 3, 2012

Practice, Practice, Practice

This afternoon I thought  I would get acquainted with my new embroidery sewing machine. I really haven't played with it  much since DH bought it for me.

I'm a great fan of Patrick Lose and Fons & Porter.  I happened to pick this book up at our local grocery store.  There is definite room for improvement on this one.  So, I'll play with the stitches for a while and then do another one.  This item is supposed to be a "Merry Mini" to make your morning coffee merry" in other words, a generous sized coaster.  I really will have to improve my satin stitch and machine quilting stitches.  Who knows where it will take me.  I'll finish making up the binding and follow the quilting instructions and make this one, then see how I can do with another one.  It's a lot of fun for me.  I'm hoping the machine quilting stitch will be awesome.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Until then, hope you are having a wonderful day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment