Sunday, August 5, 2012

Ouch!

Happy Sunday. (I think)

Hello readers!

Well, it was another awfully hot day today.  Hopefully some rain may come this way, but we won't hold our breath.

Yesterday I was working with a nice, extra sharp needle and dropped it on the floor.  Since I didn't have my glasses on, I went to pick it up by grabbing the needle, sharp side to my forefinger and thumb.  OMG!!!!  It went in quite deep and immediately drew blood.  I didn't think I needed 911 so I ran some cold water over it and held a Kleenex to stop the flow.  That went well, and didn't think it was something to worry about.

This morning,  my finger had swelled up and looked like a sausage.  It was nice and red and it felt like it had a fever.  Now, I've had a recent tetanus shot, so that was no problem.  I just went on my way and picked up all my stitching supplies. That was it!

Years ago, I was told that if you get a really bad sunburn you use Maalox and crushed aspirin.  You do NOT ingest the mixture, you apply it to your skin.  It takes out the heat and redness from your skin, soooo.

If this is the case, I tried taking a couple of aspirin.  I did not swallow them, but made them gooshy in a small amount of water and applied it to my finger.  (didn't have any Maalox)  I really think it helped.  It's not as red as it was this morning but it's a little warm yet and where I punctured myself it's a little sore.

BUT....two weeks ago I was tatting and I have a crochet hook that is super tiny and very, very sharp.  Well, you guessed it.  While trying to pass the thread through I jabbed myself in the SAME spot!  It was like a fish hook just locked itself into my skin.  My God did that hurt....try to get that sucker out....OMG!!  I almost had to ram it through the other side to get it out.  Are you ready to pass out now?

So now two ways to make your finger sore for sure.  I'm going to leave the tatting and the stitching alone for a while.  I'm going to go back to finishing some socks.  Do you think I can do some damage with wooden, double pointed needles?  I hope not.

I hope you all enjoyed your day.  Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment