Saturday, August 4, 2012

Getting There

Hello to all.  Happy Saturday!

Today I finally finished the tatted rice bag.  You can find the instructions at www.be-stitched.com.  She has a wonderful collection of free patterns as well as her beautiful artistic endeavors.  I used Thread Art perle cotton 8 that you can find on sale, I believe today yet, at www.threadart.com.  I used about 3/4 of the spool to make this.  The spool is 75 yards/10 grams.  The tatting measures 5" across before blocking and I'll be ready to block it later. Just an observation, I wound the shuttle (Lacis) a little plumper than normal and I made it all around.

I really liked the little pattern so well, I started another one :)  I'm also using squares of fabric that came as a pre-cut series and bundled,as the base to hold the potpourri.  Not too sure how I'm going to do this yet.  I think I'm going to have to crunch or smash the bag of lavender so it will be a powder consistency. Has anyone done this?

The yellow thread is from www.hhtatting.com and size 20 Lizbeth. This thread makes a nice, crisp finish. Barbara is soon going to have new shuttles on her site sometime in the fall.  I can't wait.  I've tried a lot of shuttles and the ones with the bobbins all seem to slip on me.  They don't hold the thread well.  Looking forward to purchasing a few!


Anyway, last night I worked on the mauve/rose whatever sock color it is and got a little bit more done.  Maybe I can finish the first one tonight.  It gets lonesome without it's mate. LOL


Hope you are having a wonderful day today and enjoying what you like to do.  Until next time........

No comments:

Post a Comment