Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Wonderful Sunday

Thoughts for this morning.

Well, this is getting interesting.  I've made my third earring so it takes its place alongside the others.  By the way the pattern is by Marilee Rockley at www.yarnplayertats.blogspot.com.  Excellent lessons on her site.

I'm not sure about the photo though.  I have to figure out how to get the shadows out of there.  I'll have to play with my program a bit more, heh.  Second view.



Okay, do you see much of a difference in size?  I really can't.

The first earring is Valdani perle 8.  I'm  not very happy about this one....I made the chain too long, I think.  The green one, I like the best.  The thread is a perle 8 from ThreadArt.  It was smooth to work with and I think that the beads really enhance the piece. It's like a DMC perle 8.  The third (beige one) is Lizbeth size 20 and I don't like my choice of beads.  They really don't do anything for me.  I think that the fancy beads with sparkles work much better.

I also found that when I use my shuttle, it takes about 80 wraps of thread, so basically for two we are talking about 160 wraps.  I'l have to see what the measurement is in inches.  For sure, one ball with a lot left over for another pair.

So with this in mind, that all three are approximately the same size, it really doesn't matter which thread I use.  I'm now thinking about Christmas!  I'm going to try some red and green threads with beads to see how I like that.  First I need to finish the green earring so it has its mate.

Hope you all are having a wonderful morning...stay tuned, until later.....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment