Saturday, July 21, 2012

Socks

Hello to all :)

Recently I had a few orders for socks.  Usually, I'm way ahead of my socks during the year so that I would have an over flowing sock box by Christmas to give as gifts to family and friends.

The pattern I faithfully use is by www.knitspot.com called "The Sock Pattern to End All Sock Patterns."Sometimes to make it a little different I will incorporate a design.

The brown tone wool is called Cadenza of 80% super wash Merino wool and 20% Tussah silk with  size 1  double pointed needles.  I have enough of the raspberry color of the same blend that will be destined for another pair.






I managed to pick out another wool and will be working on this blue/green arrangement.  This is by Meilenweit which is 70% virgin wool, 23% polyamide and  7% Elite.  At first when I looked at the color I thought it was more bluish, but after knitting an inch or two it looks more greenish to me.  So, for the moment, I"ll be working on this.


Until next time......................

No comments:

Post a Comment