Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Little Train that Could!

I am persistent, for sure!  After a good night's sleep, I was ready to attack the problem of splitting a chain again and guess what?  I found that I really could do it! Yippie!

Granted, it's not terrific yet, my stitches are a bit primitive, but I have the method down okay.  I'll just have to keep practicing.  I 'd like to be a bit tighter, but that will come with practice, practice, practice.

So, for practice, I have my large shuttles that I like to use with larger thread (size 10 and +) as it fits a lot of thread really, really well.  These are sold at www.hhtatting.com and are called "Starlit" and you should see what's going to be available, coming soon... new shuttles, they look fantastic.  I am drooling!

So, with a new concept in mind, I always wanted to make a doily by Linda S. Davies called "Rosette" and I couldn't do it because I needed to know how to split a ring, which is really easy now, AND split chains (OMG)......:)  so I started on a sample and I'm sure if you can magnify it once or twice you can see where my not so good split chain is.  But, that's okay!

Have a great evening.  Until next time .....

No comments:

Post a Comment