Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy Monday!

Well, finally, I decided to finish the Halloween theme.  I don't think, at this point I am going to add more embellishments.  I'm ready to make a ruffle and an envelop pillow.

Next on my list was a CQ called "Post Cards from the Past."  I found this site when I was searching for crazy quilt information.  You can go to Janet R. Stauffacher at www.vintagevogue.com or her blogspot at www.nostalgicneedleart.blogspot.com.  She has a great site!

First, I downloaded what appealed to me and it was my very first cloth transfer.  After downloading, you need to let it dry.  I followed the instructions on the package.
The next step was to peel off the backing and soak the piece in room temperature for 10 minutes and then let dry. (It depends on the brand you buy and their instructions.)


I'm going to use this CQ square as my first piece.  Max will help me select the fabric.  I'm not sure what colors to use yet.  Hmmmmmm?  Any suggestions?

While I'm thinking about what kind of embellishments I'm going to add, I thought it would be a good idea to get some stitches to practice on.  So I found a couple of books and plan on making a sort of sample that I could try out the threads I want to use and learn some new stitches.




I also thought that by using 14 count waste canvas would keep my stitches a lot neater.  I got out most of my quilting tools/rulers and thought that these would be really handy as well as my "success" rulers.


Sorry for the flash.  This idea should keep me really busy for a while.

Until the next time: " Happy is the house that shelters a friend!" by Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment