Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday the 13th!

You bet.  It was REALLY Friday the 13th here.  LOL  Black cats, step on a crack.

The day started and I thought it would be uneventful, UNTIL we went shopping!  We tramped all over the mall, trying to find glasses and frames for DH.  It was such a treat. HA!  We walked one end to the other.  Finally, he found a deal and our transaction was completed.  THEN we couldn't find the car....you know how it is, a senior moment, we exited the wrong door and our car was on the other side of the mall!  Our feet were aching.  THEN we go pick up my pills at the pharmacy and find out that someone else is using our telephone number on MY account!!!  Another misfortune.  LOL!  I managed to get everything settled down and straightened out, thank goodness.

But when we got home the mailman made my day.  My book had arrived.  "Treasury of Crazy Quilt Stitches," by Carole Samples.  I was very, very impressed.  I would never in my life EVER think there were so many crazy quilting stitches!  Wow!  I have been looking for her rulers, but to no avail.  I really would like them.....but then, maybe I can make my own?

So, now I'll switch to working on my CQ for a bit.  The giraffe is on hold.  I have already changed the pattern to work for me, so I will reserve a spot on the quilt eventually to place him.  (I have to have him-it may take me to order a few more orange balls of Lizbeth thread from www.hhtatting.com.)

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment