Monday, May 28, 2012

The weekend is almost over!

It's been relaxing, playing. with my new machine and preparing my "crazy quilted" ornaments.  So I'll let you have some eye candy and my comments.

First, however, I finished my little seahorse and thought that it came out cute.
I thought I'd make a couple of sizes.  This was made in Lizbeth thread size 20.  I may have to go to a 50 weight or there abouts.

The next couple of pictures I'm showing you are from www.evenstardesigns.net.  The directions were very straight forward and a lot of fun.
I have cut out the templates and positioned my silky in the frame.





I traced the design on my muslin.

You get the idea, right?


The directions were to cut the pieces of fabric  as in paper piecing, but I left it to give me a little better edge on the embelishments.

I have found that a really good lint roller really helps to pick up the snippets.

And then to the fun stuff..........

Now, all I have to do is select my embellishments, stitches either by hand or machine and . 

Hope you all had a wonderful day.  Catch you later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment