Friday, April 27, 2012

Hello, to all Crafters!
I have been very busy for the past couple of weeks.  I have been crocheting, knitting socks, tatting, and everything in between.  This pattern is very old and I've lost it twice and had to reorder it...it gets rather expensive when it's old and cost $1.75 originally. LOL 
.
This is a Leisure Arts pattern and have tucked away some worsted weight wool for the future.  It's fairly very easy and mindless.  So I pick it up when watching the TV on the Chiller channel LOL.

Another observation however.  I have always loved to quilt, tatt, and play with beads.  Soooo to combine them all I found a Christmas stocking that I could incorporate everything I love to do.

So for practice I selected some Christmas fabrics from my stash and hand stitched a very crude "crazy quilt" stocking.  I've been experimenting with different embroidery designs, beads, etc.  I had FUN!  Believe me. 

My next venture is to make a stocking with a more organized structure with trims I have ordered from www.flightsoffancyboutique.com Fantastic website.  So, I'm waiting for some embellishments and trims.  I even joined their monthly club.

So, for the moment, I'm playing with fibers and beads and learning all the great crazy stitches and playing with all the great stuff that goes into it. 


Well, I thought I would add a cute teddy bear but the dog decided he wanted to rip him to shreds.  So no teddy for this one.  It was not easy to get the bear from his mouth....he ran around with the paper pattern in his mouth first and then, I found the remains.  Ah me.  Another - back to the drawing board!

I"ll see how far I get with anything tomorrow.  Very tired today.  Trying to get rid of the stress and this is the only way I know how.

Happy Crafting to all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment