Sunday, March 18, 2012

Better Late Than Never!

I happened to be thumbing through my huge collection of patterns that I have amassed and can't have enough of them, of course, and thought, I'd like to try a bookmark. Hopefully, to help me concentrate on making better, even  stitches.   Little did I know at that time, that I would go nuts to make them!  Ahhhh......

The first bookmark I tried was from "Learn to Tat," by Janette Baker which I have shown you above.  It was relatively easy for me to do and I'm almost done with it.  This was done in size 10 thread and for this size I used the Starlit Shuttle because it holds so much more of the 10 weight and I don't have to add threads.  It is not made with Lizbeth threads (just for practice I used an over the counter brand). Then I got silly.  Okay, here we go!

Still searching through all my patterns, I found one I pulled off the net, which I thought was really pretty and I followed it exactly and there were a few rows missing.  So I reinvented the wheel and since I like things that match and are even I created a new pattern and liked it so much I made two more!
Don't you love how they shade?  The middle one is an ecru.  The picture doesn't really do them justice. AND THEN.......

OMG!!!!  What happened next!
I saw a video on youtube regarding the Pelc shuttle and I was captivated.  I had purchased just about every kind of shuttle from www.hhtatting.com and this one, but I never used this shuttle.  I had no idea what it could do and boy, did I have fun!! WOW!
The threads are not Lizbeth as shown here.  My ball thread was green and then I incorporated yellow and orange in the "double" shuttle.  I was instantly caught!  My imagination has been running wild all day.  Even so...I had to order another Pelc just in case for my backup.  Wouldn't you?  Ms. Foster at Handy Hands must think that I have just about lost it because I order about once a week and  you have to have  F-U-N with what you do, don't you??!!!!  I thought, okay if you use the Pelc to introduce two colors why can't you have some extra shuttles or extra bobbins with different colors just waiting to be used?  I'm going to try this out and see what I get.  I'm having so much fun with this.  I never knew that I would be "consumed" by such a craft!  To each his own.  I hope you all enjoy your tatting as much as I do.

Happy Tatting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment